Last updateTue, 24 Feb 2015 5pm

David Sawtell looks at the calculation of Wrotham Park damages

How do you compensate a claimant for breach of contract when they have not suffered a loss? When a claimant proves that a defendant has breached a term of a contract they are usually entitled to claim by way of damages the loss that the breach has caused. If the wrong cannot be compensated by damages, the claimant can, in appropriate cases, ask the court to grant an injunction.

Additional Info

  • Case(s) Referenced:

    Attorney General v Blake & anor [2001] 1 AC 268

    Eaton Mansions (Westminster) Ltd v Stinger Compania de Inversion SA [2012] EWHC 3354 (Ch)

    Enfield LBC v Outdoor Plus Ltd [2012] EWCA Civ 608

    Kettel & ors v Bloomfold Ltd [2012] EWHC 1422 (Ch)

    Pell Frischmann Engineering Ltd v Bow Valley Iran Ltd & ors (Rev 2) [2009] UKPC 45

    Stadium Capital Holdings (No 2) Ltd v St Marylebone Property Company & anor [2011] EWHC 2856 (Ch)

    Wrotham Park Estate Co Ltd v Parkside Homes Ltd [1974] 1 WLR 798